Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This Week

Tuesday night has reared its head again so it's time for some more writing. It's been another lazy week apart from a few different things so it almost goes without saying that tonight's post should be about those things.

I'll start with the most time consuming: work. I've had the good fortune of snagging a job at the local Sonic Drive-In. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Don't you have to go to college for a job like that?" I wondered the same thing, but the hiring manager--in his infinite wisdom--found me worthy of the position. That position is commonly referred to as cook but I prefer the term nutritional expert. Basically, if you order cheese sticks, onion rings, or any other thing that requires that liquid fat we call grease for preparation, I make your food. I also work the grill,  and dress burgers and hot dogs quite a bit. Sounds like a pretty posh gig, right? Well, I enjoy it and I get to work with some good people. Also, I make what some professionals refer to as "minimum wage" so I'm pretty well-off. I may even be able to pay off that second mortgage.

You may remember that I've started a vegetarian diet. I started in hopes of feeling better physically and with fears of withdrawal. However, my first vegetarian week has yielded different effects than those I expected. Apart from one headache on a night where I cooked more than a hundred burgers, I've yet to really miss meat. Maybe that isn't so great, though, seeing as I don't feel too much better, but it's only been a week. I should probably also mention that the world doesn't want me to be a vegetarian. Let me explain. Sunday night would have been exactly a week without meat for me. However, I stopped by Arby's to get some delicious loaded baked potato bites. After three bites, I realized that they were "loaded" with bacon bits. I wasn't pleased. As if that wasn't enough, today I was offered cheese pizza. Turns out that pizza wasn't exclusively cheese. I've been a bit discouraged by this sneaky meat but I can't quit now. It's time to regroup (and start dissecting my food).

I don't expect a change in diet to make me healthy. I've also started the Couch to 5k program as of Saturday. It's going really well and I recommend it to anyone looking to get active this summer. Feel free to get in touch with me if you want to run, though I doubt I'll keep up too well.

That's it for me. Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave a comment below, on Facebook, or @spencermorris34 on Twitter. 

Sleep well, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment