Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pompous Circumstances

That's right. I am still alive and I have not forgotten about this blog.

I could toss you some story about how hectic graduation week was and how I was much too busy to bother posting anything but, while that wouldn't be too far from the truth, it would be a lie. May 13th through the 19th saw a much less occupied Spencer than any point in the school year. Honestly, I was doing a ton of nothing. More accurately, I was recuperating. This school year has drained me a good bit more than the rest so I took a week to be bitter and lazy and play Xbox. With that week's close, I found that I was no longer stressed but that I had become a recovering AP English student. Explanation may be due. Every part of AP English became a huge part of my life during this past school year. Particularly, I became accustomed to the feeling of looming deadlines and due dates. Now that those have disappeared so suddenly, I feel entirely unproductive and a bit paranoid. It's as if there's something I should be doing but I can't seem to think of what it is. For your sake, reader, I'll try to contain my schizophrenia.

I suppose I have to say something about graduation. Graduation is something to be very proud of and it should be celebrated like nothing else. Now that you have the common opinion of the event, here's mine. As a preface,  I have enjoyed the last thirteen years and I feel that I have done something to be proud of in certain respects. However, I cannot much see the difference of this step to college from the step of middle to high school or elementary to middle school. Some might argue that passing the twelfth grade offers some finality but, with at least four more years of school on the way, I have difficulty finding that ending feeling. Don't misunderstand, I will miss my friends and teachers from Portland High School dearly, but I will not be placing this tradition on a pedestal.

Anyone who knows my opinions on food knows that I love meat and almost couldn't survive without it which is why the last few days have been rather interesting for my diet. As of Sunday, I am a vegetarian. Try to hold your tears/scoffs, folks. I'll explain. I do love animals, but this decision is purely for my health. Most everyone I've spoken to who has had a vegetarian diet at some time has vouched for its positive effects. I would love to feel great so I thought I might give it a try. It is difficult but not as difficult as I thought it might be. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that last night--day two--I worked the grill at Sonic so I cooked about one hundred burgers. Tough stuff. The toughest part is knowing what to eat instead of meat (so I'm open to suggestions). I'll keep on chugging along and post updates as the need arises.

Sorry about the lack of posts. I'll try to keep that from happening in the future. Have a great week, everybody. Oh, and I would appreciate comments. Like something that I said? Hate me for something that I said? Comment about it!

EDIT: A shiny dollar for the first person to understand this post's title.

Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment