Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Filler

Again, thank you for checking out this page. Views mean a lot. I ask that, if you have something to say (or if you don't), use the comment section at the bottom of the page. Comments would be nice and they are the main way that my posts will get better.

A quick glance at my first post reveals that, other than some vague ideas, this blog is a bit direction-less. Sadly, I can't provide a direction with this post either. I've been thinking about a focus for this blog and I keep hitting dead ends. I could talk about school but we can all agree that that discussion would get old quickly. I could offer my opinions about things around me but, with good reason, the opinion of a eighteen-year-old novice blogger probably isn't worth much to you as a reader. In the end, it's come to my attention that I need to offer some sort of content. With that in mind, this week will be focused on finding a focus as far as what content I should supply.

Never fear. I have officially decided that I'll be posting something new here every Tuesday from this point on. Consider that decision a step in some direction.

With that, I should close this second post. Sorry for posting something so weak but I don't trust myself to write anything exciting at midnight. As a closing thought, friends from Portland, get your hands on tickets to the Night of Forensics hosted by the PHS Speech Team ($5 presale; $6 at the door). After the show, go to the midnight premiere of the new Avengers movie. That's what all the fun people are doing.

Good night or good morning, all.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite authors, Robert Fulghum, was blogging before it was blogging. His books are short essays of simply his observations. His most famous work is, "Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten." Sometimes there's a lesson to be learned from what he writes and other times it is just interesting writing. No point or agenda, just, "here's what I think." He heavily influenced me. Don't get bogged down with trying to choose a direction. Sometimes your take on things is all people want to read. I enjoyed your first post when you said, "this is a place for my 'childish scribbles' and that I'm trying to write things 'worth reading.'" There's your direction.

    ReplyDelete